Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Living With Uncertainity




I found myself time and again passing on the good advice I've had over the years. I don't always give advice though - sometimes I am still learning ... Praise God! I may know the answer from one perspective, that of one's own heart and of clear moral principle. However, I often don't know the answer in terms of getting from the situation someone else is in to a desired situation.


You know, though - I think I may have just listened to some good advice. How do I live with not 'knowing' God's will? How do I live with uncertainty? How do I live my own falling short?


The answer is the same I've given time and time again. You commit it to the Lord and put your heart in His hands. You don't live your life on hold. You embrace all possibilities God may send and commit to be faithful to the best of your ability in any of them.


What does this mean to me today? It means that even though I may have not made the wisest of decisions in all things, God will do what He wills, and I need to take the consequences, and work to bring Him glory in them despite my own failings... I need to work in the impossible situations to bring glory to Him! I need to rejoice in the Lord always, and in my rejoicing, He can bring His glory!


Just some thoughts ...

No comments: