Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life According to Wile E. Coyote




When I was a child, I used to sit for hours and watch Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show. In fact I have a couple DVD's now for the 'kids'! lol Of course I was always curious about why Wile E. Coyote kept trying to catch the Road Runner when he always failed. And of course I always wanted him to get that annoying bird! And I think I may have an answer of why he kept at it ... We live in a plan "B" world!


Plan "A" is what we want; what WE plan; our goals; our desires. Plan "A" is all about us, like the coyote was all about getting the Road Runner. We stress and obsess over our plans, giving not much regard for plan "B" possibilities. Plan "B" is what God's reality is for our lives. True, plan "B" can be painful and it can be unpleasant, but we were never guaranteed an easy ride through this life. Jesus tells us that we WILL have troubles, but don't worry ... He has given us exactly what we need to overcome the trials and troubles.


Now that I'm older I know that sometimes Plan "B" requires that we learn a lesson, sometimes it's just a matter of getting our eyes off of our wants. I also find the greatest joys I have had include (David Crowder Quote) "A Beautiful Collision". That's the point in which God's will for my life and my hearts truest desire collide. God's plan for my life has turned out WAY better than the measly plans I thought up! We worry and stress too much! But we are commanded in Scripture to turn all our anxieties over to God and let Him worry for us (1 Peter 5:6-7). I'm all in favor of "letting go and let God" because I manage to botch things up every time without even trying!


So the moral of this story? Want less stress? Turn it over to God and TURN LOOSE, you're going to need both hands for this adventure ride! Have a great day everyone! Tim



A Beautiful Collision/David Crowder


The breaking makes a sound I never knew

Could be so beautiful and loud

Fury filled and we collide

So courageous until now, fumbling and scared

So afraid You'll find me out

Alone here with my doubt


Here it comes, a beautiful collision

Is happening now

There seems no end to where You begin and

There I am now

You and I collide

Something circling inside

Spaciously you fly, infinite and wide

Like the moon and sky, collide


Here it comes now

1 comment:

Andrew John said...

There's a good ebook that's free to help pastors and their wives with discouragement and burnout. You can find it at http://www.stoppastorburnout.com. It's quite helpful.