Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wisdom of Relient K

One of my daughters favorite groups is Reliant K. Here is some bits of a bunch of songs to leave you with. To warn people, I've done different colors to show that it's not 1 song lol.

"And this one last bullet you mention
Is my one last shot at redemption
Cause I know to live you must give your life away"


"And this life sentence that I'm serving
I admit, that I'm every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair"


"And all I'm asking is for you to do what you can with me
But I can't ask you to give what you already gave"


"And all I
Was trying
To do was save my own skin
Oh, but so were you
So were you"


"And sometimes I think that I'm not any good at all
And sometimes I wonder why, why I'm even here at all
But then you assure me
I'm a little more than useless
And when I think that I can't do this
You promise me that I'll get through this
And do something right
Do something right for once"


" think we're going somewhere.
We're on to something good here.
Out of mind, out of state.
Trying to keep my head on straight.
I think we're going somewhere.
We're on to something good here.
There's only one thing left to do.
Drop all I have and go with you.
Somewhere back there I left my worries all behind.
My problems fell out of the back of my mind.
We're going and I'm never knowing (never knowing) where we're going.
To go back to where I was would just be wrong.
I'm pressing on."


"People make mistakes.
We took the apple from the snake.
And it always is the same: gotta find someone to blame."


"He'll seek and destroy everything that I enjoy.
But, I won't be the one he takes down.
No, I won't breakdown."


"I lay my life before you, and I'm not getting up.
Father, how I adore you.
Those words are not enough."


"Never underestimate my Jesus.
You're telling me that there's no hope.
I'm telling you, you're wrong.
Never underestimate my Jesus.
When the world around you crumbles,
he will be strong.
He will be strong."


"Give it a go or throw in the towel.
Stand all alone or swim through the crowd.
No one around to help you decide.
It's time to make up your mind.
It's time to make up your mind."


"Precision we take, seeking direction.
But there's so many lies.
Unsure where we can look.
But, we've got a guide-a really thick handbook.

No one around to help you decide
It's time to make up your mind.
It's time to make up your mind."


"The world just keeps you at arm's length
Every week you work up the strength to fight the flames that are hurled
Let your faith shine right through
You know it's the world versus Jesus and you"
Have a blessed evening everyone!

No comments: