Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baloon Boy: Aftermath




I have to admit I was all taken in on the balloon boy thing. What a story .... With the happy ending we all love to see! I believed in Balloon Boy. Or, rather, I believed that his parents believed that he was in the balloon. And I hoped that they were wrong, that he was hiding under the bed, or in a box. And I was happy - genuinely happy - when I learned that, in fact, he was. Alas ....

IT WAS A HOAX!!!!!!

How naive could I have been? Undoubtedly, my own fond childhood memories coupled with a pretty good set of parents has mislead my thinking on the aims of other families. Did I actually think that lil Falcon Heene was throwing up for no reason on the morning show? (Just nervous I suppose ...) However ... The lies and scam that his parents perpetrated would make anyone vomit. It makes me sick thinking about it. So much for the piety of parenthood. Fame, money and the lure of reality television trumps holding a regular job any day of the week.

Heaven help us. But most of all, help Falcon Heene and his brothers.

1 comment:

mdeals said...

Craziest.... and so funny.........