Thursday, October 22, 2009

I said a silent prayer in the middle of the night ...




I said a silent prayer in the middle of the night
I needed to know if you could hear me,
I needed to stand within your light.
I need rest within your arms
to feel tranquility and hope
I need you, Lord, within my life
to aid my struggle and help me cope
I would like to know if you can hear me
when I'm praying in the night
Sometimes I feel so alone
and want to give up the fight
I need to know if you can hear me
in the middle of the night
To know if you can hear my prayers
to rest within your loving light
And when I feel all is lost
and am tempted to give it up
I feel your loving sweet caress
I feel you holding me up
You pick me up and dust me off
and wipe my tears away
You tell me not to fear a thing;
You're with me throughout the day.
I know you have surrounded me
with your angels, saints and light
and because you have surrounded me
I can endure the lonely night
I know sometimes my faith may slip
and I begin to doubt
But then I feel your sweet caress
and your love washes my fear right out
When I say a silent prayer
in the darkness of the night
I know that you can hear me
and I can rest within your light.

~Patrick Stalinski

No comments: