Thursday, October 29, 2009

In Awe of Wonder




Here is a cool quote from Joshua Abraham Heschel.


"Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder. Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of your universe. Delight me to see how Christ plays in ten thousand places, lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not his, to the Father through features in men's faces. each day enrapture me with your marvelous things without number. I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all." Sometimes I think we spend to much time isolated in our living rooms, not to hot, not to cold and we lose the awesomeness, or wonder of the world around us.We lose the wonder in the little things, the seasons, a deer in the meadow, a child licking an ice cream cone ... Even in the mudane things He is there. (Something I tend to forget.) There is a tendency to live practical lives and miss the awe, reverence and wonder all around us. God intends for us to discover His presence in the world, and the people He loves around us.


Have a blessed day everyone! Tim

No comments: