Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Know My Own ...


I know my own and my own know me...



-- Jesus Why care about Jesus Christ? Why do I love Him so?


These questions is not foreign to me really. Once upon a time, in fact, I asked it of myself, and couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer, so I walked away.


But Jesus cared about me -- enough to follow me into my self-imposed exile and draw me back into a relationship with him.


So I care. A lot. More than I can express. Sometimes, even now, more than I want to. Sometimes I just don't have the words ...


I think it's that experience of being sought out and loved without condition is what keeps us in his embrace, or pulled back into it, sometimes against all odds. And I think that is why, even when some of us are bombarded by the message that, for a variety of reasons, we can't possibly be Real Christians, we don't give up; we don't say, "Fine. I won't let the door hit me on the way out."


"I know my own and my own know me."

Pretty much sums it up ....

No comments: