Sunday, March 1, 2009

We're Going to Feast!!!


I have a question about a quote that appears in at least 2 of Brennan Mannings books that I have read. He writes about imagining these words coming from our loving Lord Jesus:


"Do not be afraid I am with you. I expect more failure from you than you expect from yourself."


Every time I come across this it makes me stop and wonder.


What I hear in that line is "my grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in...weakness. My whole living sacrifice to Him is based in this truth. Cannot thank Him enough! I have not found a verse in God's word where it says we can disappoint Him. We can grieve Him most certainly, but there is a difference, I think the best example of grieving the Father, as opposed to disappointing Him is portrayed in the parable of the prodigal son. I am pretty sure when we stand before God, each and every one of us will have reason to believe that He is disappointed, the prodigal son most certainly did, but look at the Father's response to him. We're going to feast! We're going to have a wonderful time! ( Luke 15 : 11 - 32)

If we hear of revival somewhere, let us not go and try to find the faults that may exist in their doctrines or positions. "Well, Lord, they didn't follow us so we told them not to do it." Jesus said, "You should not have done that. If they are out there doing it in My name, they can't very well be against us. Don't stop them." God deliver us from narrow sectarianism, from an attitude of the Pharisee, but to the same heart of Jesus. Let us rejoice that the Lord receives sinners and eats with them.

So while some people down here are saying, "When are they going to clean up their act?" The angels are up having a whoopee time rejoicing that the lost has been found. Joy in heaven ... We're gonna feast!!!

Any thoughts?

No comments: