Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another Agape Thing!


I guess one of the most amazing things I find in a relationship with Jesus is coming to grips with agape love. That Christ decided to die for me long before I was born, regardless race, habits, doctrinal positions and anything else that often, we as humans, allow to get in the way. That Gods love is without condition and even if we don't accept Him, he still loves us anyways.Another thing that hits is that this unconditional love, by implication is what we should be adopting when we call ourselves a follower of Christ. This kind of love, in me as far from perfect, makes me pause to think why I got so angry with someone who has a totally opposing view on life as I do. Or someone who goes out of their way to oppose argue with me, or someone I pick little fights with. I've been reflecting in the past week or so since I've been off pain meds, on many of my relationships with people and it becomes so obvious that its much easier to talk Christ than live it. I can reel of theology, life experiences and whatnot, but my life and behavior has really got to reflect this relationship between Christ and me. And the sad truth is that I come up wanting ...


I realize that Jesus is chiseling away the rough stone, smoothing those parts so that He can be reflected more clearly. At this point I wish to apologize to all my brothers and sisters, and others, when my words don't match up to my walk. I apologize when in haste I argue my part in my desire to be understood and ending up hurting someone. May Christ keep me humble, keep us all humble, and allow us to grasp what it really, really means to have the fruit of the Spirit. What it really means to walk without condemnation, in the shadow of the Cross, in His presence. And to be a refection to others what Christ's unconditional agape love is all about.


A blog from Tim... sorta ...

No comments: