Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When I Need to Fall Apart





When I Need to Fall Apart

We don't always have to be strong.
Sometimes our strength
is expressed in being vulnerable.
Sometimes we need to fall apart
to regroup and stay on track.

We all have days when we cannot push
any harder, cannot hold back self-doubt,
cannot stop focusing on fear,
cannot be strong.

There are days when we cannot focus
on being responsible.
Occasionally,
We don't want to get out of our pajamas.
Sometimes we cry in front of people.
We expose our tiredness, irritability,
or anger.
Those days are okay.
They are just okay.

Part of taking care of ourselves means
we give ourselves permission to "fall apart"
when we need to.
We do not need
to be perpetual towers of strength.
We ARE strong.
We have proven that.

Our strength will continue if we allow
ourselves the courage to feel scared,
weak, and vulnerable when we need
to experience those feelings.

Today, help me to know that is it okay
to allow myself to be human.
Help me not to feel guilty or punish myself
when I need to "fall apart...
but to accept it as part of life
And part of being human...

author unknown

No comments: