Sunday, June 28, 2009

Its all about Jesus


"Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on, do not sin again." John 8:11b


One thing I get from the story this verse comes from is that Jesus didn't shame the woman for her wrongs, but came to rescue her. To turn from longings that were draining her to something that will fill her. Or more accurately would quench her thirst. The stories in the Bible and Jesus' parables are not merely cool stories or literary vessels to hold theological truth. They are the nuts and bolts stuff of Jesus' life here on earth. To his banquets he welcomes the dreaded tax collectors, whores, and various other reprobates. He came for the sick, not the well. He came for the unrighteous, not the righteous. He came even for those who betrayed Him, like Peter, the ones who forsook Him at His time of greatest need. And like in the "Prodigal Son" parable, He responded like a lovesick father!


No matter how far I go into theology and nic picking this verse and that (which as you must know by now I tend to do rather often), it gets back to this. I've screwed up more than my share of times, but the God of the universe and beyond still loves me. He hurts like a father (being one I know how that is) and still offers His grace and love and takes me back ... even with tears. When one really, really realizes this, there can be no turning back. Where else can one go? (John6:68) Its all about Jesus for sure.





http://thundercatt99.blogspot.com/2009/06/divorce-and-woman-at-well.html

No comments: